Petco Park became one of San Diego's top concert venues the moment the Rolling Stones took the stage in 2005. With a look at the lineup over the past few years, it has become the place to play for the biggest musical artists on tour in San Diego. It is conveniently located in downtown San Diego with plenty of parking and public transportation.
The ballpark seating and field offer a spacious outdoor capacity with flexible configurations and stage layouts to accommodate concerts of all sizes—from smaller acts on the Sycuan Stage to 40,000+ capacity arena-level shows. View concert seating chart.
And Petco Park has ample and well-maintained facilities and amenities, including suites, restrooms and concessions. Add in the perfect weather and it's hard to conceive a better concert venue than Petco Park in San Diego. Music of all kinds regularly fills the ballpark (view upcoming events calendar), from Madonna to McCartney to Metallica, Taylor Swift, Beach Boys, The Eagles and Billy Joel. Punk, ska, country, hip hop, electronic, and metal, orchestras, local bands and even high school bands have performed concerts at Petco. With the arrival of KAABOO, and in 2022, shows by Garth Brooks and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Elton John and Bad Bunny. Petco Park sits at the top of the list of large concert venues in San Diego.
Concert Calendar View upcoming concerts at Petco Park »
Concert Info and Resources
2023 Rules & Guidelines
- Understand the latest food rules, bag policy, COVID mask and vaccination restrictions and what you can and cannot bring
. You can also find more information in the FAQ
. See photos from A View From My Seat
. Read more about where to sit for concerts
- Need to find out what band is playing at Petco Park tonight? Check the Calendar
Petco Park Concert History
View the biggest shows at Petco Park
to date. Other noteworthy past performers include Green Day
, Fall Out Boy, Weezer
, Chris Lake
and Slightly Stoopid
in 2021, Vanilla Ice and Coolio
in 2019, John Legend , Macy Gray, Colbie Caillat and Jewel in 2010. Note: Beatle Paul McCartney performed in both 2014 and 2019 and Rolling Stones twice in 2005 and 2015.
San Diego Concert Venues
San Diego is fortunate to boast some large, world-class concert venues to see bands play, many outdoors. Among the best in the San Diego area include:
- The Rady Shell at Jacobs Park - New in 2021, an iconic confluence of architectural, auditory and natural beauty on the San Diego waterfront. View website
- CalCoast Open Air Theater - Unique, 4000-seat outdoor amphitheatre at San Diego State University, built in 1941. View website
- Humphrey's Concerts By The Bay - This smaller outdoor venue near the airport in Point Loma draws big names to its stage, View website
- SnapDragon Stadium - 35,000 seats and home to the SDSU Aztecs college football games. - See concert calendar, with 2023 highlights including Pink, Coldplay and Guns N Roses
- Viejas Arena (Cox Arena) Also located on SDSU campus. 12,000-seat basketball arena also hosts concerts. - View website
- House of Blues - Right around the corner from Petco Park in downtown San Diego, this national chain is well-known. - View website
- Chula Vista Amphitheater - 20,000 seats and almost as many name changes (North Island Credit Union, Coors, Cricket Wireless, Sleep Train) - View website