Best Hotels Near Petco Park In San Diego
For anyone visiting San Diego, the first question is simple: Do you want to stay downtown near the stadium or in a vacation rental near the beach? There are definitely pros to both, and cons to neither. It's a great benefit to be able to walk to the baseball game and everything nearby. But it's also a tragedy to come all the way to San Diego and stop just a few miles short of the beach.
Best Places To Stay Near The Padres Ballpark
When looking for hotel rooms near Petco Park, you aren't going to do much better than the Omni Hotel.
Its beautiful, tall, and luxuriously appointed and it's right next to Petco Park. The rooms are large and modern and it is a favorite of travelers to San Diego, baseball fans or not.
How close is the Omni? Well you could definitely call it walking distance... the 511-unit hotel has its own entrance to the ballpark—it's attached to the stadium, connected by a suspension sky bridge. San Diego Padres owner John Moores is one of the hotel owners.
Our Picks: The best hotels around Petco Park
All of these hotels are located within a wild pitch of homeplate:
- Great location with a rooftop bar that overlooks into the stadium- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter
- Hilton hotels closest to the ballpark: Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter and Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- Romantic and stylish boutique hotel - Hotel Solamar, A Kilmpton Hotel
- Charming, comfortable hotel with character - Horton Grand Hotel
- A favorite. Great reviews, friendly boutique hotel. Pet-friendly and environmentally conscious with some views of Petco Park - Hotel Indigo
- Another boutique hotel very close to Petco Park: Hotel Z - A Staypineapple Hotel - very highly rated on TripAdvisor, pet-friendly, with free use of bicycles.
- San Diego Starwood Hotels for preferred guests (SPG points) closest to ballpark - U.S. Grant and Westin Gaslamp
- Did you know there is a Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego? It's in the Gaslamp district, walking distance to Petco Park.
Cheap hotels near Petco
No one will think you're cheap for choosing the most inexpensive accommodations. Baseball games cost a lot of money. Staying at an affordable hotel will free your money to be spent where it matters... at the ballpark!
- Cheapest hotel near Petco Park. Safe, clean, simple, and cheap. A good value - Comfort Inn Gaslamp - best rate!
- If you don't mind not being right next to the ballpark and want to save money, you'll find the cheapest discount accomodations if you stay a little further away, just outside downtown. We recommend staying around the Old Town and Mission Valley / Hotel Circle neighborhoods where there are restaurants, shopping and plenty of affordable hotels.
Updated 2022. We hope you enjoy your stay in sunny San Diego. Go Padres!