Can I Bring…
Maybe you have brought necessities with you in the past, only to find out when you check in with security that they are not permitted at Padres games. Or perhaps you’ve left food and drinks at home only to see your row mates indulging on those very same items inside the ballpark. Here is the ultimate guide to what you allowed to take to Padres games and what items will be banned by security at the Petco Park entry gates.
Policy updates: As of August 6, 2021, you are allowed to bring in outside food again. Food must be for individual consumption. Please note the list of prohibited items is subject to change as the season and pandemic progress. Please check with the Padres if you are unsure. And use your melon. We think you’ll find the San Diego Padres rules are fair. Under 2021 policies, there are plenty of items allowed at Petco Park to help fans enjoy the games in a safe, comfortable way.
View updated Bag Policy for 2021.
What you can bring to Petco Park
These items ARE
allowed at Padres games
- Small clutch purses, baby and medical bags.
- Water bottles, sealed (plastic and 32 ounce size or smaller)
- Juice boxes
- Milk cartons
- Food items that are wrapped or in a soft container, and not able to be thrown as a projectile
- Banners or signs of 4 feet x 8 feet or smaller (nothing obscene, commercial, or political)
- Small whisk brooms
- Souvenir bats
- Baseball mitt
- Baseballs (for autographs)
- Video cameras that do not obstruct views
- Factory-sealed containers of liquid required for medical reasons
- Service animals
- Cushions and mats
- Sharpies (for signing autographs)
- Segways as long as capacity is projected to be under 30,000 attendees
- Small collapsible umbrellas
What you cannot bring
These banned/prohibited items ARE NOT
- Backpacks or purses larger than 10” x 7”
- Hard-sided coolers
- Cans or glass bottles (No outside beverages other than sealed water, milk, juice or ADA requirements)
- Thermos bottles
- Alcohol / Drugs / Chewing tobacco / Medical Marijuana
- Bats, large brooms, wooden sticks or rods
- Banners or signs larger than 4 feet x 8 feet (or anything obscene, commercial, or political)
- Beach Balls, frisbees – anything that can be thrown (no unsliced fruit). Exception: autographed baseballs
- Balloons unless pre-approved for an event
- Bubble makers, hula hoops
- Chairs with a rigid frame
- Clothing that is deemed offensive to other fans (for example:obscenity-laden)
- Food that might be thrown as a projectile (i.e. unsliced oranges, apples, and other fruits).
- Pets (except ADA service animals or for pet-friendly promotional events)
- Vape / electronic cigarettes / e-cigarettes
- Laser pointers
- Luggage or Suitcases
- Musical instruments / noisemakers / bullhorns / speakers / fireworks
- Motorcycle helmets (must be checked at gate)
- Selfie Sticks
- Obscene, offensive or overly aggressive clothing
- Knives, firearms/guns, tasers, mace or weapons of any sort
- Skateboards, scooters, hover boards
- Segways at events with capacity greater than 30k
- Tents (unless approved by the Padres)
- Large Umbrellas (small collapsible are allowed)
Note: Yes you will be required to pass through a metal detector at the entry gate. This is a rule for every MLB ballpark. Yes all bags will be searched by security. There is a free item check at Guest Services, for items of their discretion. Petco Park has the right to request you to discontinue filming.
You seem like you like stuff. Check out this Padres stuff!
Petco Park Insider is a guide to help fans enjoy events and baseball games in downtown San Diego. Join the conversation on Twitter @PetcoParkSD or contact us about information posted on this website. For questions about tickets and stadium experiences, call 619-795-5000 or contact the Padres.
You may also enjoy: