It can be tricky to keep track of rules for what items you can bring to baseball stadiums like Petco Park. Maybe you have brought necessities with you in the past, only to find out when you arrive that they are not permitted at Padres games. Or perhaps you’ve left food and drinks at home only to see your row mates indulging on those very same items inside the ballpark. Here is the ultimate guide to what you allowed to bring to Padres games and what items are banned from Petco Park.
We think you’ll find the San Diego Padres rules are fair and there are plenty of items allowed at Petco Park to help fans enjoy the games in a safe, comfortable way.
What you can bring to Petco Park
These items ARE allowed at Padres games
What you cannot bring
- Backpacks / small bags
- Water bottles, sealed (plastic and 20 ounce size or smaller) and/or empty flasks to be filled inside
- Juice boxes
- Milk cartons
- Fruit (cut into slices – nothing that can be hurled like a rock)
- Peanuts, popcorn, cracker jack – any food that is wrapped and small enough to fit under your seat
- Banners or signs of 4 feet x 8 feet or smaller (nothing obscene, commercial, or political)
- Small whisk brooms
- Souvenir bats
- Video cameras that do not obstruct views
- Factory-sealed containers of liquid required for medical reasons
- Service animals
- Towels and blankets
- Cushions and mats
- Sharpies (for signing autographs)
- Segways as long as capacity is projected to be under 30,000 attendees
These banned/prohibited items ARE NOT
- Hard-sided coolers
- Glass bottles
- Soda (No outside beverages other than sealed water, milk, juice or ADA requirements)
- Thermos bottles
- Alcohol / Drugs / Chewing tobacco / Medical Marijuana
- Bats, large brooms, wooden sticks or rods
- Banners or signs larger than 4 feet x 8 feet (or anything obscene, commercial, or political)
- Beach Balls, frisbees – anything that can be thrown (no unsliced fruit). Exception: autographed baseballs
- Balloons unless preapproved for an event
- Chairs with a rigid frame
- Clothing that is deemed offensive to other fans (for example:obscenity-laden)
- Pets (except service animals or for pet-friendly promotional events)
- Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes)
- Laser pointers
- Musical instruments / noisemakers / fireworks
- Motorcycle helmets (must be checked at gate)
- Suitcases or Luggage
- Selfie Sticks
- Knives or weapons of any sort
- Skateboards, scooters, etc.
- Segways at events with capacity greater than 30k
Bags will be searched by security. Petco Park has the right to request you to discontinue filming.
You seem like you like stuff. Check out this Padres stuff!
Petco Park Insider is your guide to enjoying games in San Diego at the Padres baseball stadium. Please join the conversation on Twitter @PetcoParkSD or contact us at Petco Park Insider.
You may also enjoy: