Concession stand food is a pricey investment and Petco Park is no exception. With the many close games, blown leads and comebacks that Padres fans know all too well, your food purchase needs to be a quick transaction—and one that won’t keep you stuck in the bathroom for the late innings.
Here are our recommendations for the best food at Petco Park. (View all concessions.)
- Grilled hot dog (come on, its a baseball game) – now with meat by local Tarantino Gourmet Sausage company
- Baked Bear ice cream sandwich
- Hodad’s bacon cheeseburger
- Tri-tip sandwich at Seaside Market. Also known as “Cardiff Crack,” in reference to the location of the original Seaside Market (Cardiff, CA, 25 miles north of Petco Park stadium) and in reference to the highly addictive crystal rock form of cocaine. The tender marinated Tri-Tip sandwich on brioche bun with housemade BBQ sauce slightly edged out the almost-as-delicious Tri-Tip Nachos so don’t hesitate to go for those if that’s your thing.
- Phil’s BBQ. Some will argue, and that’s ok with us, because it means one less body in front of us in line. Phil’s BBQ is worth the wait though. The ultimate upgrade to limp stadium hot dogs and soggy cracker jacks. This is an only-in-San-Diego treat. The original Phil’s opened in 1998 and the San Diego BBQ scene has never looked back.
- Buona Forchetta with an authentic wood-fired oven serving the pizza that made them famous in San Diego
- Is beer food? Here’s the 9 essential beers to drink at Petco Park.
*Always room for a new contender. So tell us what is your favorite
If you’ve got time before or after the game, here are the best places to eat around the ballpark. Also make sure you know everything you can bring in to the stadium from outside.
Petco Park Insider is your guide to enjoying games in San Diego at the Padres baseball stadium. Please join the conversation on Twitter @PetcoParkSD or contact us at Petco Park Insider.
You may also enjoy: