Parking at Padres Games and Concerts Made Easy
It may surprise you to learn there are nearly 30,000 parking spaces within a short walk (under 20 minutes) to Padres stadium. If you prepare yourself with a little local knowledge, parking near Petco Park for a Padres game or concert
is actually pretty painless.
Reserve Spots In Advance
You can book a parking pass online for a reserved spot through SpotHero. Simply choose your event and you see available spots and a map of parking lot options with some rates discounted as much as 50% off.
If you prefer to snag an aftermarket parking pass, often for a nice discount, take a look at what SD Padres season ticket holders are selling on StubHub
Find The Best Place To Park
Want something close and convenient? A little further to spend less? You get to decide where you park with SpotHero. Reserve your space in advance and relax.
Check for available parking »
Are There Any Free Parking Lots?
There is no free parking at Petco Park.
How Much Does Parking Cost At Petco Park?
Parking lots at the ballpark are not cheap, ranging from $15-$50 depending on how close to the stadium you are. Parking lot spaces are available downtown for under $15, but expect to walk a considerable distance from the game. The cheapest spots will be the furthest ones from the ballpark.
Recommended Parking Garages Nearby
6th & K Parkade — 1,000 spaces located 298 at 6th Ave between K & L St. Literally across the street from the main gate.
San Diego Convention Center — massive underground garage across Harbor Drive.
Park-It-On-Market — 500 spaces, Market & 6th. $15
525 B Street — 600 spaces
Manchester Grand Hyatt — 700 spaces at 1 Market Place (cross the pedestrian bridge) $8/hr or try the Hilton Bayfront
Parking Locations & Details
Ace parking lots open 1 1/2 to 2 hours before the first pitch on game day. Premium locations will open up to 3 hours before the game. All locations stay open until 2:00 a.m.
San Diego Padres Game Parking Tips
- Take the Trolley - that's the #1 answer for a reason. If you live outside of town you can drive to a park-and-ride lot like the one in Old Town, park for free and take the trolley, or uber/lyft to the nearest trolley station.
- Park AWAY from the stadium. SD weather is beautiful, the people are mostly friendly, the bars and restaurants are plentiful. Park in Little Italy or neighboring blocks and simply stroll. The introduction of those nuisance pay scooter things gives another interesting option to justify parking a little further out.
- Your best chance for cheap parking near Petco Park is to arrive around 5:00 and grab a street spot as the work day is end and downtown employees head home. Feed the meter a few quarters and enjoy the free parking afterwards.
- Some of the best parking spaces are across the street from the stadium at the Convention Center lot.
- Leave your car at home and take an Uber or Lyft, taxi, FRED, or bus
- Gain an edge by arriving just a little bit early. We all have the same plan so just 10 minutes ahead of the rush can make a huge difference.
- Parking tickets downtown cost $52.50+. Pay careful attention to posted signs and painted curbs: yellow, red, white, green & blue.
- Plan your exit and park accordingly. You can save half an hour by parking on the right street facing the right direction.
- If you want to tailgate, you can only do it in the Tailgate Park.
- Move downtown! If you lived there, you'd be home by now. Vacant condos are easier to come by than vacant parking spaces.
- Buy your parking in advance (See below)
Purchase Padres Parking In Advance
Before you head downtown for a game or Petco Park tour, take a look at SpotHero. You can purchase a spot in advance and your parking is 100% guaranteed — even if the location otherwise fills up. Simply present your confirmation at the lot, no additional payments or fees ever. View real-time availability and pricing at many locations within easy walking distance to Petco Park.
Handicapped Parking At Petco Park
San Diego Padres games are meant to be enjoyed by everyone, win or lose. Parking in the Gaslamp is always an ordeal but some arrangements have been made to make things a little easier for guests with disabilities who would normally have access to handicapped parking spaces. Read about Accessible Parking at Petco Park
Padres Preferred Parking Lots
Check Preferred Parking Availability
Discount Parking for Members
Discounted parking is a benefit available to Padres Season Ticket Holders
Electric Vehicle Charging
The Padres Parkade offers electric vehicle charging, as do other lots in the area.
Parking Meters & Downtown San Diego Parking Rules
On-street parking is available for those with the luck/patience to find it. Parking at meters is free on Sundays, select holidays and outside of the hours posted. Read more about street parking. The real key to on-street parking in downtown San Diego is to be sure to know your painted curb rules.
See also Holiday Bowl Parking Tips
and our new SDSU Snapdragon Stadium parking guide
Coming to the game? Shop new Padres gear
Make the most of events and baseball games at San Diego's Petco Park. Join the conversation (@PetcoParkSD) or contact us about info posted on this website. For tickets and stadium experience inquiries, contact the Padres at 619–795–5000.
Petco Park Insider is independently operated and reader-supported, unaffiliated with the Padres organization or Petco Park. These pages contain affiliate links through which we may receive compensation from advertisers if you choose to purchase certain products, at no additional cost to you. It is paid by the advertisers and helps keep our site running. Thank you!