Kids will always love baseball. And there may be cheaper places to go, there may be places with fewer beer advertisements, but there is no better lasting family memories in San Diego than a day a Petco Park. Here are some tips on kids activities, helpful hints and information for families with babies attending Padres games at Petco.
If you are coming with a baby, read our guide specifically for Petco Park with babies, with information on nursing, changing stations and more.
- Admission is free for children as long as they measure under 3 feet (36 inches) tall and are accompanied by an adult. Note: Children admitted free cannot occupy a seat. They must sit on the lap of their parent (beer-belly permitting).
- Family Restrooms are located near sections 109, 202, 219, 310, and 311.
- Petco Park extends in/out privileges to all.
- Anyone 18 years of age or younger can ride MTS public transit for free.
- Security wristbands Go to guest services and get a wristband for your kid which contains seat locator information that can help if he or she gets lost
- Strollers are permitted but please keep them out of the way of other fans. Strollers can not inhibit the enjoyment or passage of other guests. Strollers can be checked at Guest Services Centers – there is one on every level of Petco Park. See what else you are allowed to bring
Where To Sit With KidsFor the most fun and the least hassle, try the Park at the Park / renamed “Gallagher Square”. Fresh air, green grass, all the sounds and smells of the game, and a huge TV screen to watch while your kids run and play in the sun. Facilities include a picnic area, playground and even a kid-sized baseball field. Best of all: admission to watch a game from the Park is cheap. Admission is around $20-$30 per head, depending on some awesomeness algorithm determined by the box office.
Padres KidsFestKeep an eye out for Padres KidsFest on Sundays all season long.
What To EatKid-friendly food for your child or toddler at the ballpark:
Petco Park loves kids and kids love Petco Park. So come enjoy the day to the fullest.
- A Lil’ Slugger hot dog or PB&J kids meal, which comes with fruit, cookie and a drink, available at most Ballpark Eats ($8.50)
- Slice of pizza from Pizza Port
- Dippin’ Dots or ice cream in a classic helmet
- View all concessions
- Your best bet may be to bring your own snacks from home
Kids and Childrens Padres MerchandiseDon’t get raked at the gift shop. Buy up some goodies in advance. Shop now!
Make the most of events and baseball games at San Diego's Petco Park. Join the conversation (@PetcoParkSD) or contact us about info posted on this website. For tickets and stadium experience inquiries, contact the Padres at 619–795–5000.
Petco Park Insider is independently operated and reader-supported, unaffiliated with the Padres organization or Petco Park. These pages contain affiliate links through which we may receive compensation from advertisers if you choose to purchase certain products, at no additional cost to you. It is paid by the advertisers and helps keep our site running. Thank you!