Since Petco Park opened 15 years ago, the San Diego beer scene has exploded. Inside the park is no exception, with high octane hops washing away the leak-inducing legacy of watered-down corporate domestics. For beer fans visiting San Diego Padres games, here’s our new guide to help map out the menu of craft beers and microbrews in and around Petco Park.
“Beer needs baseball, and baseball needs beer – it has always been thus.”
Local beer menu at Petco Park
Let’s face it—this is the star lineup at Padres stadium. Here’s the beer list of San Diego’s best local breweries that have been sighted on tap and in bottles and cans at Petco. Subject to change, seasonality, whim, expiration, misinformation, fake news, and the occasional regrettable typo. Cheers!
- Alesmith .394 Pale Ale, IPA, Nut Brown, Spezial Pils, X Extra Pale Ale, Sublime Mexican Lager
- Stone Brewing Delicious IPA, IPA, Ruination Double IPA, Tangerine Express IPA
- Ballast Point Big Eye, Bonito Blonde, Calico California Amber Ale, California Kolsch, Calm Before Storm, Dorado Double IPA, Even Keel Mango, Fathom, Grapefruit Sculpin, Grunion Pale Ale, Longfin Lager, Manta Ray, Made In San Diego (proceeds to to charities that support San Diego’s startup and small business community), Pineapple Sculpin, Sea Rose, Sculpin, Wahoo White, Watermelon Dorado, Unfiltered Sculpin and Aloha Sculpin, and Swingin’ Friar Ale (NEW!)
- Pizza Port Brewing Co. Chronic Ale, Kook, California Honey Ale, Grand View Golden, Pick Six, Ponto, Swamis IPA, Wipeout IPA, Fanny Pack, The Jetty IPA, Bacon and Eggs Imperial Coffee Porter, Kickflip Kolsch, Shark Bite Red
- Mike Hess Brewing Grapefruit Solis IPA, Habitus Double IPA, Solis IPA, North Park IPA, 8 West Orange Honey Wheat, Steel Beach Lager, Into the Sunset Blood Orange IPA, Steel Beach American Craft Lager
- Karl Strauss Aurora Hoppyalis IPA, Big Barrel Double IPA, Boat Shoes Hazy IPA, Mosaic Session Ale, Red Trolley Ale, Tower 10 IPA, Wreck Alley Imperial Stout
- Mission Brewery Amber Ale, Blonde Ale, Hefeweizen, IPA, Shipwrecked Double IPA and Hard Root Beer
- Resident Brewing Co.Chasing Citra Single Hop IPA, Perky Blonde, Urbanite, Vacation Coconut IPA
- Belching Beaver Brewery Me So Honey, Peanut Butter Milk Stout
- Iron Fist Brewing Co. Counter Strike IPA, Nelson the Impaler, Renegade Blonde, Velvet Grove Imperial Oatmeal Stout
- Coronado Brewing Co. Islander IPA, Guava Islander IPA, Mermaid’s Red, Orange Avenue Wit, Leisure Lagoon Hazy Pale, Never Better IPA, CoastWise Session IPA, Weekend Vibes, and Seacoast Pilsner
- Alpine Beer Company Alpine Duet, Windows Up India Pale Ale
- Thorn Barrio Lager, Foreplay Blonde, Relay IPA, Rock the Pale
- Green Flash GFB Blonde Ale, Soul Style IPA
- Hodad’s Boss Brew Kolsch, Local IPA West Coast IPA, Throwback Brown American Brown Ale, Hefeweizen
Beer Prices: How much does beer cost at Petco Park?
In most places, a craft beer will run you
$14.50, Budweiser & squad a buck less. You can find some economies if you hunt around the stadium. Look for the 16 oz tallboy cans.
Other notable brews
Beyond the usual beer-commercial ballpark swill, these delicious alternatives have been found inside Padres stadium
- Elysian Brewing Company (Seattle), including Blood Orange Pale Ale, Dayglow, Space Dust IPA and The Immortal
- Goose Island (Chicago)
- Sierra Nevada (California)
- 10 Barrel (Bend Oregon)
- Estrella Jalisco, Pacifico, Montejo, Negra Modelo (Mexico)
- Stella Artois (Belgium)
The usual beer-commerical ballpark swill
Someone’s got to keep the urinal cake companies in business.
- Premium beer like Budweiser, Bud Light, Shock Top, Michelob Ultra, Corona
Redbridge Gluten Free Beer
You can find this pretty tasty gluten-free beer, an American amber-red lager, all over the park. If your stuck, head to Seaside Market on the Field level.
O’Doul’s is available around the park. Try Pizza Port stands in the upper deck, Hodad’s, Carnitas Snack Shack on Toyota Terrace, or any of the Budweiser Ballpark Eats throughout.
Have an update for us? This stuff changes quick. Help us stay current!
Essential stops inside the stadium
- Craft Row – in the Main Concourse area behind home plate, featuring carts from a lineup that rivals the Padres themselves: Stone, Mission, Ballast Point, Mike Hess Brewing and Karl Strauss.
- Craft Pier presented by Ballast Point, in the outfield, is a must-see. Craft Pier was previously the home of The Beach and has been remodeled to offer great views and great brews.
- Craft Beers of San Diego, located in sections 105, 215, 229, 303 and 328, feature San Diego craft beers exclusively.
- Hodad’s. Now with Ballast Point on tap.
- Ballast Point Beer Garden on the Toyota Terrace (second) level
- Karl Strauss Trolleys – Field level
- Pizza Port, with five locations around the diamond. Grab and guzzle their proprietary Petco Park Pale Ale
Craft Pier at Petco Park
Essential stops outside the stadium
If you are visiting Petco Park and love beer, plan on spending some extra time at these places near the ballpark
- NEW: Bay City Downtown Tasting Room, 627 8th Ave. Indoor/outdoor areas with takeout growlers for tailgating
- Mission Brewery, 627 Eighth Ave, with indoor/outdoor space and recyclable plastic growlers for tailgating
- 10 Barrel Brewing, 1501 E St.
- Karl Strauss, 1157 Columbia, one of the local pioneers with great food
- Stone Brewing Tap Room, 795 J St.
- Resident, 1065 4th Ave.
- Half Door Brewing Co., 903 Island Ave.
- Bolt and Ballast Point in Little Italy (as well as Bottlecraft shop)
- Coronado Brew Pub, 170 Orange Avenue in Coronado, take the ferry across the bay!
- Neighborhood, 777 G St. for great selection of local beers
- Bub’s, already a Padres pregame institution, where sports bar and good beer meet
- Full list of nearby bars
Annual Beer Events during baseball season
is held multiple times throughout the year. Also June is Craft Beer Month in San Diego.
We should have put this at the top of the page. Designated Driver kiosks are at section 108, 208 and 313. Please have one member of your group visit these or any Guest Services stand to sign up for the Designated Driver Program. Must visit before the 5th inning.
RestroomsWhere to Find a Restroom
Read the 9 essential beers to drink at Petco Park.
We welcome your feedback. Please share this guide! There are nearly 100 different beers from 30 breweries inside Petco Park.
Petco Park Insider is your guide to enjoying games in San Diego at the Padres baseball stadium. Please join the conversation on Twitter @PetcoParkSD or contact us at Petco Park Insider.
You may also enjoy: