In the time since Petco Park first opened, the San Diego beer scene has exploded. Inside the park is no exception, with high octane hops washing away the leak-inducing legacy of watered-down corporate domestics. With all the craft beer drinking going on around the stadium, San Diego might need to rename their team to something with a little more hops and grain to it. San Diego Porters? The Pint-dres? We’ve got it… the San Diego IPA-dres.
For beer fans visiting San Diego Padres games, here’s our new guide to help map out the menu of craft beers and microbrews in and around Petco Park.
“Beer needs baseball, and baseball needs beer – it has always been thus.”
2022 Beer List
A beer menu of the most important taps, cans and bottles in the stadium:
Beach Run, Cloud Stream, Hazy .394 Pale Ale, San Diego Pale Ale .394 and the deliciously hopped-up Party Tricks IPA
, Sculpin IPA
, Swinging Friar Ale (Most Popular), Watermelon Dorado, Wee Gus American Light and the sunny Speedboat Salt & Lime Blonde
Bud, Seltzer & Bud Light
Palm Sway, Weekend Vibes
Dank Dust, Space Dust IPA
San Diego Fuego and the popular Electric Cruiser and
, Surf Punk Lager
Boat Shoes Hazy IPA
, Aurora Hoppyalis IPA
, Red Trolley Ale, Tangible Fruited IPA
Kings & Convicts
new Captain Freelove Blonde, Crouchback King Pale Ale, Haze in the Park IPA
, Sir Romeo IPA
, Bacon & Eggs, Coastal Access, California Honey Ale, Ponto S.I.P.A., Remote Location and the wildly popular Designated Hopper
No-No Joe’s Double IPA
AgaveMente and Sea Señor! Mexican Lager
Beer Prices: How much does beer cost at Petco Park?
Prices are in the ballpark of $13.00 – $15.50. So about $1 a sip. Don’t spill any on that guy in the Clayton Kershaw jersey, its not worth it!
What Inning Do Beer Sales End
The Padres stop selling beer after the 6th inning stretch.
Essential stops outside the stadium
If you are visiting Petco Park and love beer, plan on spending some extra time at these places near the ballpark.
- Bay City Downtown Tasting Room, 627 8th Ave. Indoor/outdoor areas with takeout growlers for tailgating
- Mission Brewery, 131 14th St., with indoor/outdoor space and recyclable plastic growlers for tailgating
- 10 Barrel Brewing, 1501 E St.
- Karl Strauss, 1157 Columbia, one of the local pioneers with great food
- Stone Brewing Tap Room, 795 J St.
- Resident, 1065 4th Ave.
- Half Door Brewing Co., 903 Island Ave.
- Bolt and Ballast Point in Little Italy (as well as Bottlecraft shop)
- Border X Brewing, 2181 Logan Ave.
- Thorn Brewing Co. 1745 National Ave. in Barrio Logan
- Coronado Brew Pub, 170 Orange Avenue in Coronado, take the ferry across the bay!
- Neighborhood, 777 G St. for great selection of local beers
- Bub’s, already a Padres pregame institution, where sports bar and good beer meet
- Mike Hess Brewing at Seaport Village – 23 handles of crafted beer, kombucha, cider and soda.
- Full list of nearby bars
Annual Beer Events during baseball season
is held multiple times throughout the year, where you can get your grubby paws on (this is not a typo) (this is not outdated information from 1970) $5 beer. That’s right $5 for a whole beer.
We should have put this at the top of the page. Designated Driver kiosks are at section 108, 208 and 313. Please have one member of your group visit these or any Guest Services stand to sign up for the Designated Driver Program. Must visit before the 5th inning. Also yes you can bring water into the ballpark
RestroomsWhere to Find a Restroom
Read the 9 essential beers to drink at Petco Park.
Or are you more of a wine gal?
If you are looking for non-alcoholic / NA beer
, pay a visit to Seaside Market
. Selections can be hit or miss, so best of luck!
We welcome your feedback. Please share this guide! There are nearly 100 different beers from 30 breweries inside Petco Park.
Petco Park Insider is a guide to help fans enjoy events and baseball games in downtown San Diego. Join the conversation on Twitter @PetcoParkSD or contact us about information posted on this website. For questions about tickets and stadium experiences, call 619-795-5000 or contact the Padres.