Kids will always love baseball. And there may be cheaper places to go, there may be places with less beer advertisements, but there is no better family activity in San Diego than a day a Petco Park. Here are some tips on kids activities and information for families with babies attending Padres games at Petco.
- Admission is free for children as long as they measure under 3 feet (36 inches) tall and are accompanied by an adult. Note: Children admitted free cannot occupy a seat. They must sit on the lap of their parent (beer-belly permitting).
- Baby changing stations can be found in every women’s restroom (AND men’s restroom) throughout Petco Park
- Nursing can be tricky in such a distracting venue as a baseball stadium. Be sure to visit the new Nursing Lounge in Suite 32 on the Toyota Terrace for some extra privacy.
- Security wristbands Go to guest services and get a wristband for your kid which contains seat locator information that can help if he or she gets lost
- Strollers are permitted but please keep them out of the way of other fans. Strollers can not inhibit the enjoyment or passage of other guests. Strollers can be checked at Guest Services Centers – there is one on every level of Petco Park. See what else you are allowed to bring
- For the most fun and the least hassle, try the Park at the Park / renamed “Gallagher Square”. Fresh air, green grass, all the sounds and smells of the game, and a huge TV screen to watch while your kids run and play in the sun. Facilities include a picnic area, playground and even a kid-sized baseball field. Best of all: admission to watch a game from the Park is cheap. Admission ranges from $10-17 per head, depending on some awesomeness algorithm determined by the box office.
- Keep an eye out for Padres KidsFest on Sundays all season long.
Friar Family Days
Families shouldn’t have to decide between orthodontics, college OR a Padres baseball game. This city needs beautiful smiles AND
baseball fans. Friar Family Days offer a pocketbook-friendly way to enjoy Petco Park without having to slip into debt. On these specially designated promotional days throughout the season, tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for kids. Best of all, each ticket includes a yummy hot dog and delectable soda. Look for Friar Family Days on the promotional schedule
or contact the ticket booth
What To Eat
Kid-friendly food for your child or toddler at the ballpark:
- A Lil’ Slugger hot dog kids meal, available at most Budweiser Ballpark Eats
- Slice of pizza
- Dippin’ Dots or ice cream in a helmet
- View all concessions
- Or, save a buck and some tears and just bring what they like! You can bring food into Petco Park so long as it is “wrapped, bagged, or inside a container” and in a form factor unable to be thrown (i.e. slice your oranges)
Petco Park loves kids and kids love Petco Park. So come enjoy the day to the fullest.
Petco Park Insider is a guide for fans to enjoy San Diego Padres baseball games and other events and experiences at the Padres ballpark. Please add to the conversation on Twitter @PetcoParkSD or contact this website. For issues related to the team or the stadium, contact the Pddres
You may also enjoy: