It may surprise you to learn there are nearly 30,000 parking spaces within a short walk (under 20 minutes) to Padres stadium. If you prepare yourself with a little local knowledge, parking near Petco Park for a Padres game is actually pretty painless.
Parking lots at the ballpark are not cheap, ranging from $8-$30 depending on how close to the stadium you are. Parking lot spaces are available downtown for as low as $5, but expect to walk a considerable distance from the game. The cheapest spots are the furthest ones from the ballpark.
Ace parking lots open 1 1/2 to 2 hours before the first pitch on game day. Premium locations will open up to 3 hours before the game. All locations stay open until 2:00 a.m.
On-street parking is available for those with the luck/patience to find it. Get the full story in our guide to parking meters downtown.
Padres Game Parking Tips
- Park AWAY from the stadium. The weather is beautiful, the people are friendly, the bars and restaurants are plentiful. Park in Little Italy, or even as far as Coronado or Balboa Park, and simply stroll.
- Your best chance for cheap parking near Petco is to arrive around 5:00 and grab a street spot as the work day is end and downtown employees head home. Feed the meter a few quarters until 6pm and enjoy the free parking afterwards.
- Some of the best parking spaces are across the street at the Convention Center lot ($10-$15).
- Park at Qualcomm Stadium or Old Town for free and take the trolley
- Leave your car at home and take a taxi or bus
- Gain an edge by arriving just a little bit early. We all have the same plan so just 5 or 10 minutes ahead of the rush can make a huge difference.
- Parking tickets downtown cost
$30$42.50. Pay careful attention to posted signs and painted curbs
- Plan your exit and park accordingly. You can save an hour by parking on the right street facing the right direction.
- Parking is easy if you take one of them little car2go things or uber
- Just move downtown! Vacant condos are easier to come by than vacant parking spaces. And the prices are better!
Parking Garages Nearby
6th & K Parkade – 1,000 spaces located 298 6th Ave between K & L St. Literally across the street from the main gate. $12
Park-It-On-Market – Market & 6th
Padres Parkade – 440 11th Avenue