Are these seats any good? Where do we sit? With the high cost of ticket prices, it’s a valid concern. Especially if you’ve never seen the Padres play in San Diego. But there is no reason to be overwhelmed. Almost every place to sit offers a unique and enjoyable view of the action. There truly is no bad section at Petco Park. (View seating chart .)
We love the site SeatGeek, which ranks the tickets available for each game based on how good a value they are (relative to past ticket sales and other tickets on the market for the same section). The tickets are displayed visually right on a seating chart. So at a glance, you are seeing price, value and seat location. It is great for Chargers games as well!
Here are a few guidelines to help zero in on the best seats for you:
- Best view: The best views at Petco come from seats in the Dugout Club, Field Box or Premier Club sections. The lower your row number, the closer you will be to the action. As with any stadium, the infield sections between home plate and first base (odd-numbered sections), and between home plate and third base (even numbers), on the lower level, are considered the sections that offer the best perspective on the game.
- However, Petco offers some of the closest-to-the-action upper decks in all of baseball. In addition to a keen birdseye view of the game, you also enjoy tremendous, sweeping views of San Diego, as well as the luxury of saving a few bucks!
- Bleachers: You’ll also save money on tickets by sitting in the bleachers. It’s a classic baseball experience sure to be stocked with some of the game’s biggest fans.
- The right field sections get more sun, which can be brutal if you are not prepared for it. Left field offers shade but is underneath the main scoreboard, offering limited views of the action up there.
- Most comfortable: Toyota Terrace
- To visualize each section and take ticket prices into consideration, start with the Padre’s official seating chart.